RISCS Associate Fellows represent early career researchers from the sociotechnical cyber security community – the ‘rising stars’. Each Fellow will be actively engaged in research in one or more thematic areas identified as a priority for NCSC. It is our intention to appoint 4 Associate Fellows through this call.
RISCS aims to recruit all of its Fellows from a diverse range of disciplines (including, but not limited to, computer scientists, engineers, economists, psychologists, international relations, law, arts and humanities…).
These Fellowships are unfunded, however, Fellows are able to draw upon the support of the RISCS team (including the Administrator, Manager and any interns) to, for example, coordinate workshops, reading groups, access research materials, etc. Associate Fellows will also be able to turn to the RISCS Senior Fellows (mentor model) for their expertise and input to ensure they are supported by peers and feel part of the community.
The Fellowship programme provides the framework through which RISCS coordinates our research strategy, garnering expert input on the shaping of new research programmes and potential new funding sources.
- Attend the RISCS annual conference (March) and at least 1 other in-person Fellow meeting in the year. Travel to/from these events will be supported by RISCS.
- Share your impact activities with RISCS – e.g. publications, conferences, workshops, outreach activities etc.
- Where able, contribute your expertise to wider RISCS activities, e.g. workshops (including with the other NCSC RIs), shaping research programmes and strategy.
- Acknowledge RISCS in any publications or outputs arising from your RISCS affiliation.
Criteria for application
- Identify as an ECR at a UK-based University
- Research aligned to RISCS mission
Please complete the online Associate Fellows Application Form
Review process and timeline
Deadline for submission: Monday 15 April 2024 (11:00 am)
Notifications: Friday 3 May 2024